Sunday, June 5, 2011

Fashion Failure

I think a lot of people think I am totally ignorant about whats "hot" or whats trending right now.  This is not true...I notice lots of things people are wearing, I don't like them.  For instance -

Absurdly huge and outrageously large rings - UGLY

Also huge and over-sized sunglasses that make you look like a bug - UGLY

Peasant blouses - oh my ugly and make a person look pregnant

Parting ones hair on the side and letting it fall in ur face - drives me NUTS, even watching others constantly flicking said hair out of their eyes

Low rise jeans - hello, can't stand not feeling they are there and worried they might fall off, I like my pants to fit thank you very much

Capris - pick a length - shorts or pants - don't waffle

All these cute little dresses that have you bare from your boobs up, showing your shoulders and arms - I have ugly arms - I have to have sleeves.

My style is comfy and easy.  Don't pinch me, poke me, make me look fat, show too much or make me chilly, and for heaven's sake don't make me iron it.  Throw it in the dryer and then hang it up.

I wear my comfy sweatshirt, jeans that fit, sneakers that are comfortable and my hair isn't in my eyes.  Is it too much to ask to have shirts that don't balloon out, pants that don't make me suck it in and then not be able to bend over, dresses with sleeves and sunglasses styles that actually fit your face?

I guess I'm just too old.  Wait...I dressed the same way as a teenager...hmmm...I guess maybe I am a fashion failure...

No comments: