Saturday, June 4, 2011

Leaving for a week

We went to a cabin for a week to fish in the lake.  We couldnt bring my dog.  It was so hard to leave her in the kennel for a week.  My regular dog watcher was unavailable so she had to go to the kennel.  I felt like such a terrible mom!  When I came back to get her she was so happy to see me!  I cried a little.  She took a little while to warm up back to normal when we got home.  I gave her a bath, she smelled a bit funky and then she was back to her old self.

I told her when I left I would be back for her in a week.  I really hope she understood me and didnt worry about being back in a kennel.  I also hope she knows how much I love her.  I rescued her from the kennel when she was 6 months old, that was 10.5 years ago but I am sure she recalls it.  But we have a connection so strong that I'm sure she feels my love.

I am so blessed to call her my baby!!

No comments: